The internet is nothing if not a gangster’s paradise. The risk of scams and identity theft, and virus attacks lurks behind every pop-up and advertisement that distracts you on your online journeys, and you should always keep that in mind. This is especially true if you frequent online casinos, as a lot of them can be sketchy.
Gamblers in Poland can rest easy on this front. Sporting bets were the only sort of internet gambling that could be legally conducted in Poland before the changes to the Gambling Law was implemented. Now, a state-owned corporation known as Totalizator Sportowy can provide online casino-style games to its customers. This does not apply to poker, which is prohibited in Poland. Because the only reliable and safe experience is at a licensed casino, the risk of scams is very small.
However, here to guide you on a safer road is Eliasz Nowak, with another wonderful article to show you a few ways in which you can stay away from casino scams and protect yourself. According to him, ‘kasyna online polska są bezpieczne, ale trzeba je dobrze zbadać.’ To read more from him, like how inebriation and gambling is a bad combo, you can follow him here! For now, let’s dive right into this topic at hand!
How Do Online Gambling Scams Happen?
Internet gambling scams occur when a fraudster attempts to take advantage of a promotional offer by opening multiple accounts or using stolen credit cards or identification. Gambling scams can occur when a perpetrator actively participates and attempts to pass themselves off as an honest punter or player.
In contrast to fraudsters, active players would engage in scams to ‘beat the bookie’ and continue playing for as long as they are able to get away with it. Active players are more likely to lose money than fraudsters.
Scams can also be developed by the casino operators themselves, such as through rigged betting/games that are set up such that there is no chance of winning in the first place.
Preventing Gambling Scams
Using KYC Protocols
One of the most crucial tasks for any online business is to adhere to sound Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures. This will entail several procedures, beginning with the most fundamental during the user registration process:
- Verification of identification (depending on local legislation)
- Verification of user age (an important legal requirement)
- Heads of state, diplomats, high-ranking military commanders, and those who have a prominent public persona are all subject to a PEP check (Politically Exposed Person).
Things To Do When Signing Up
You can continue to monitor data even when signing up by using the following methods:
- Information about the device being used is sought in device fingerprinting since some will immediately indicate questionable activity.
- Email analysis – Because emails are frequently associated with social media profiles, it is simple to identify and track down bogus accounts.
- IP analysis – like device fingerprinting, an IP address can tell a great deal about a person’s internet usage, geographic location, and propensity for fraudulent activities, among other things.
Some of these processes can also be utilized at the time of login to check that the correct user is logging in with the correct account information. Additionally, device fingerprinting and IP analysis can be used to detect account takeovers (whether credentials have been stolen or acquired through phishing attacks).
Finally, while adding funds to an account, it’s critical to keep an eye on the credit card information to make sure it hasn’t been stolen or isn’t posing a high-risk threat to the account.
What Are Some Signs of a Reputable Casino?
The rating of honest casinos depends on a few things you should watch out for. In this section, we will tell you about the basics:
- A proper license: Licensing continues to be a significant aspect in determining the legitimacy of a casino. Nobody likes to be taken advantage of online, so make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate company.
- Secure Payment Options: Payments are a critical part of every site when it comes to online casinos. Despite this, only secure payment methods can ensure that transactions are completed safely and quickly.
- Prompt Payments: Payment delays or non-payments are two other warnings to look out for when playing online casino games. Consider reading casino reviews to find out more about this aspect.
The dangers of the internet cannot be overstated. In fact, with the rapid rate at which hackers and scammers evolve, treading these waters makes it difficult for anyone who legitimately enjoys online casino gaming.
There are ways to keep yourself and your information safe, however, as well as ways to stop casinos that do their job well. Now that you are armed with this knowledge, you are guaranteed to have a safer time while surfing around for a new casino experience.