Gadgets are not only exciting games but also unlimited possibilities to improve your knowledge. We recommend checking out the best apps for learning English. These services have options to work on all the English language skills: reading, listening, writing, and speaking. To learn more about English course, check this out!
Application Duolingo knew – here and a major PR campaign, and good reviews and just wide international popularity. All thanks to the comfort and ease of learning. For each group, a certain number of courses are available. Learning itself is in a game format (or competition, if you connect your friends through Facebook). You set yourself a minimum task for the day (it’s calculated in points), and the app reminds you of it.
- Reading, Listening, Speaking Skills – Lessons contain speaking, listening, and translation practice tasks, as well as a variety of tests for a comprehensive set of skills.
- Checking the lesson – instant tracking of correctly completed tasks and mistakes made. if you fail a task, the service will bring you back to it and point out the problems.
- Time counting – help in scheduling and monitoring the time you spent learning a particular language.
- Hearts – a kind of credit of the service to your level of proficiency. If they run out, Duolingo will ask you to go through everything again.
Promova offers a simple but effective way to learn languages. Immerse yourself in language learning with multicultural communities. Of course, there are video tutorials with theory, a dictionary with different types of memorization exercises, and practical exercises that allow you to consolidate theoretical knowledge. Conversation lessons and dialogues are provided to make it easier to listen to speech and learn the correct pronunciation. In addition, you can participate in a conversation club, and there is a choice of difficulty levels.
Each course implies an integrated approach in which the user constantly receives both theoretical knowledge and practical skills while partially repeating the material covered for better assimilation. The service is very clear and well-structured. It makes it easy to find the lessons you need. You can use it on your smartphone or tablet. Promova is useful to everyone – from beginners to experienced language learners.
Busuu is a service with a wide range of possibilities to develop your basic language skills – English, German, French, Spanish, etc. It is necessary to underline that all data in lessons of the service are structured enough to essentially facilitate the process of learning the material.
As with most similar services, assignments here are divided into lessons of different levels of difficulty. The user can try his hand at thematic tasks in each of them. In this case, approximately the same words are used during the passage of any block. According to the service developers, this approach is designed to increase the effectiveness of lessons.
What you can get with Busuu:
- Over 3 thousand words and expressions, which are divided into 150 topics for everyday communication.
- Quality courses based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Option of checking a variety of exercises by native speakers.
- Opportunity to try out listening and reading comprehension and gain a variety of language skills.
- Basic knowledge of 11 languages.
Memrise is one of the learning services. Compared to other applications, this instrument does not apply game approaches to the course of foreign language learning. In Memrise, users need to memorize individual words and phrases, although eliminating. To increase motivation, Memrise uses rating and comparing results with other users’ achievements. Every participant in the service can quickly share his progress with his comrades.
Babbel is a foreign language learning application. The comprehensive learning system combines effective methods with the use of modern technology.
- Courses on specific topics.
- Synchronization across all devices.
- Offline course download for studying.
- Vocabulary trainer to reinforce vocabulary.
- Speech recognition option.
- Ability to add personal words and phrases to the dictionary.
- Certificate for every course taken.
- Tracking of progress.